Thursday, May 23, 2013

Week One Hundred of REAL...

REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 50.
Hip lift, to strengthen my back further
PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb weights
UB ~ Upper body exercises
BD ~ Belly dancing (my version of it, anyway)

The 17th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 18th: 3-mile walk. PT. BD.

The 19th: Rest. 

The 20th: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 21st: PT. BD.

The 22nd: 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 23rd: PT. BD.

To be honest, I find it quite amazing I've so faithful adhered to my workouts.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly