Monday, February 7, 2011

Carpe diem... just when you think God isn't listening...

...or at least you wonder if He is listening, something like this happens: I've been struggling with my regular work being in limbo. In these uncertain times having your main source of income all but evaporate isn't just scary, it's terrifying. Bills still have to be paid, groceries purchased. Cutting back to nothing is not an option. Plans to travel to visit friends have to be put on hold because that money tucked away may be needed to pay those bills and for those groceries. I had been asked to call the office, this afternoon, to see what time they want me to come in to work, tomorrow. About an hour before I planned to call, I took to my knees, and prayed to God, pouring out my worries about meeting my financial obligations. I explained that I wasn't sure if I should continue to pursue this line of work, but I felt I needed to try because the financial obligations will not disappear. In the back of my mind, I wondered if I should center my focus on the projects He has placed on my heart. You probably already know where this is going. A half hour before I planned to call the office and about a half hour after I finished my prayer, the office called me. They don't have anything for me to do, right now. SO, I guess I'll center my focus on what He has placed on my heart. Imagine that. LOL! It does not mean my worries about my financial obligations have gone away, but there's a peace in knowing that God really does want me to continue on the path He has placed before me.

4 comments:

  1. Praying that things work out for you... I know they will... but prayer is always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, EmmySue. Prayer is a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stepping out on faith alone, is always, not necessarily "hard", just nerve-wracking.

    Know that you are, as always, in my prayers!

    Sharon/Ashlyn

    PS: Keep me in your prayers also, I'm putting in an offer on a townhouse/condo in the morning ... ... a very big step for me ... ... but, I've prayed about it and it "feels" right now to take this step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sharon! Gladly! May God's blessing be on you.

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...