Friday, February 18, 2011

Ever have one of those days...

...or one of those weeks, when all you want to do is crawl back into bed, pull the covers over your head, and pretend the world is far, far away? Yep, it's been that kind of week. There have been a few bright spots, mostly time blessed by friends. I look around me and want to weep. Tonight, I'm placing all in God's hands. I'll not promise to leave it there. I've a lot of years of practice carrying the load myself, but tonight, I'm firmly handing it all over to God. As Mary Ellen Edmonds quoted Mary Crowley, "Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway." Well, I haven't learned how to do it every evening, but tonight, I am. And that is all that God expects of me, in this moment.

3 comments:

  1. may you know that he keeps you in his heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. How've you been since posting this? Which of you is carrying your load this weekend?

    I'm bad at taking the burden back, as well, without even realizing I've done so. It really does take a conscious effort to put it back in God's hands and turn away from it.

    Praying you have a restful day today and many reminders of God's sufficiency in all things -- today and all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Janet. I do know that, fortunately.

    Margaret, it's starting to feel like a tennis match, only I'm the one doing all the work, ie, God is quite happy to take the burden, but I keep taking it back, then handing it over, then taking it back... Blessedly, God is very patient in teaching His lessons. Thanks for the prayers. I know they help.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...