Thursday, February 24, 2011

My life is not what I expected...

...but I'm learning to be not only okay but happy with that. For the first time in my life I feel like I'm being true to myself, not perfectly, but better than ever before. I'm asking myself some difficult questions. I've taken Thomas Jefferson's admonish to heart: "Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." God exists. God is good. God loves us so much He was willing to send His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to live on earth, showing us the perfect example. He loves us so much He was willing to allow His Beloved son to be sacrificed for us. Jesus loves us so much, He was willing to endure the pains of Hell for us, so He would know where to find us and know how to comfort us because He really and truly understands.

2 comments:

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...