Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feeling out of sorts...

Sometimes, life is like that. Today is. I took a break, today. Feeling emotionally unsettled. So not liking PMS. Which is why I'm not too horribly worried about not much being accomplished. I'm tired, too, which doesn't help. I go to bed, at a reasonable hour, and then lay there with my mind exhibiting heavy tendencies to ADD. This is one of the times I miss my dog the most. She had a specific bedtime, and I was expected to go to bed as well. And stroking her soft fur was incredibly calming.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's a day for not doing anything except for those things that make you feel content -- like reading or watching a movie that means a lot to you, or even indulging yourself a bit with something tasty to eat (within reason).

    There are definitely days like this that take the wind out of our sails, but that doesn't mean you've taken steps backward in your determination to trust and obey. It's just a bad day, physically and mentally, and that makes it a bad day all around.

    So keep on trying not to worry about accomplishing anything -- the thing you should be accomplishing today (and tomorrow, if necessary) is pampering you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Margaret))) I am so grateful God gave me you as one of my friends. I cut short a delightful morning with a friend because I knew I had work to do. Is it done? No. It's barely started. There are some things I'm trying to sort out in my head, and I'm not succeeding. So, taking a deep breath, closing my eyes, for a minute, and giving myself the rest of the day off. I'll start over, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odd that you should mention your dog, Judy. I've been thinking about that loss since I responded to your last post about the loss of a friend. Double blows!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Exactly