Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My life is never boring...

A very dear friend used to say that to me all the time, and for her, it was true. In fact, when I was feeling really crumby and my world seemed to be dark as pitch, with no hope in sight anywhere, I'd call her. She would listen to me complain and fret and cry. Once it was all out, to someone I knew understood and cared, I was able to breath and ask, "Now tell me about you, I know my problems will seem like nothing." And comparatively speaking, they were, but she never disregarded my troubles or belittled them in any way. She would tell her tale of woe, and then the next thing I knew she had us both laughing with her dark humor. She taught me about strength, courage, perseverance, endurance, falling down and picking yourself up again. She was a God-given gift, and I almost missed out on her. Thank God I wised up, with her help. There are so many things I want to tell her, want to know what she thinks. She's with God now, and has been for a year and a half. I miss her.

3 comments:

  1. I miss her too. She was always a joy to talk to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear buddy and I call each other once a week. We take turns 'dumping.' But, of course, if life has thrown a real curve ball, the one who needs to weep, rant, rave, scream, shout, etc. gets to talk.

    I worry - she's sickly - and I pray I have her for a long time.

    I'm sorry for you. I still talk to my mom... I figure she still listens, even though she swore, when she got to heaven, she would ask God to let her just rest and not 'worry' about her little chicks. I miss her.

    ReplyDelete

Exactly