Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Smiling, from the inside out...
It's been a long time since I've felt this way. It's been a long time since I've allowed something to completely capture my attention. I wish I could keep doing what I'm doing, but sleep beckons, a necessity, so time to quiet down. One day at a time. Reminding myself that God holds all in His hands, and He is able to turn anything bad that happens for good. And I remind myself that God's ways are not our ways, and His understanding not our understanding. And how grateful I am that God knows I'm limited in my thinking, and He's willing to patiently lead me along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brain Dump
Dear Press: You may report the news, but to be honest I haven't heard you do much of that, not in a long time. What you have become is a...
-
~ Even a little fall of rain ~ Good books ~ Good movies ~ A/C, fans, ice ~ God's grace
-
With my severe acne, I often felt like a leper. People either stared or avoided looking at me. Some didn't want to be touched for fear I...
In that sense, maybe we can eventually come to understand that what we see as "bad" isn't bad at all -- it's just "good" whose face we can't see clearly yet. ;-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you were having such a smile yesterday -- hope it's continuing today!
I'm not so sure it's "good" so much as that in God's loving hands, it doesn't matter.
ReplyDeleteI feel a smile coming on. :-)
Ah ha! But what about - God works all things to the good for those who love him... Now, I'm not sure there are many who love him more than you do, girlfriend!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sharron. I pray my life reflects God's love.
ReplyDeleteI think God's definition of good and mine are not always in the same universe. Consider what happened to John the Baptist. :-)