Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Heroes... Michael Murphy

Warship to bear Navy Seal Michael Murphy's name, posted on The Blaze.

Growing up, I don't remember having many heroes, but then I don't remember much of my childhood. I had crushes, but that isn't the same thing. (I'm saying that for me, to remind me, to help me.) This past summer, I spent a month with a focused study on the concept of honor. I'm an avid reader, and I have very specific requirements for my book heroes: Honor, trustworthiness, courage, and self-discipline, which are the first qualities that come to mind. Lately, I've found myself noticing people I consider heroes, and started making a list. I've decided I want to share my heroes. Beyond a shadow of a doubt and without question, Jesus is my perfect hero.

Today, I share my gratitude for all the service personnel who have given all.

4 comments:

  1. Very good.

    I was on a plane the other day and there were 2 servicemen on. As I passed them, I thanked them. Seems only right and fitting for their sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((Sharron)) Yes! When I see service personnel in the store I thank them. It scares me silly, because I don't want to intrude. I also find my eyes suspiciously watery, and I don't want to unnerve them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing Murphy's story. I true hero.

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...