Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thank Goodness It's Sunday #54

~Jesus Christ, my Savior, the One who understands all, and loves to a depth of choosing to live and to give His life for all.

~Thank God for men and women who love family, home, country, and freedom so much they are willing to die in the defense of it.

~Thank God for the sixteen service personnel that gave their lives in an effort to rescue the Operation Redwing SEAL team. They were doing what they had committed to do, to the best of their ability. May God bless their families.

~Thank God for the friends He brings into my life.

~Thank you, Diane Gaston. Posts on Mondays over at Risky Regencies. She shared the Online Etymology Dictionary. Words that mean one thing now, didn't always mean that. Example: Snatch. I use it interchangeably with snag, snitch, steal, grab. However, for someone in the early 1800s, it didn't mean that then. Thank God for those little niggles, the ones that nudge and push and whisper, "Check the meaning of that word."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...