Friday, October 7, 2011

How do you know...

...God is watching out for you?

I did laundry the other day. I usually leave it out all day to dry. Around noon, I thought, "You need to check and see if it's dry so you can bring it in." I thought one of the t-shirts was damp, but checked it again after gathering everything else. It was dry, so everything came in. Two hours later, a dust storm blew through. My clean clothes were already put away.

I mentioned the other day that the power went out for five minutes, and I didn't handle it well. It went out again, right after midnight. I woke up. Turned off my computer and unplugged it along with the modem and the television. I also turned off the A/C. I then called the electric company. A recorded message informed me that the power would be out approximately 2-1/2 hours. Ugh. Please God, no. Then I called my sister. Bless her. She talked to me for an hour. She needed sleep. We hung up. I grabbed a book, and not five minutes later, the power was back. I'd enjoyed having the door open to the cool night air and the chat. Thanks God for taking care of me.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww. Our Heavenly Father cuddles us so close sometimes.

    And yay for your sister! Glad you two have each other other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((Kiki)) Yes, He does. And it really is such a blessing to have her. She steered me toward Upsi, and what a difference it has made. :-)

    ReplyDelete

REAL Apr 15-20

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake Trying to walk 1 mile 3x a week. Only made it twice this week. The...