Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Heroes... Benjamin Netanyahu

I've been following Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the Prime Minister of Israel for a while now. My childhood friend taught me a love of the Jews and of Israel. She lived in Israel, one year, and came home and told me all about it. I was in awe of her, and her courage. As the years passed, whenever I heard things about Israel from the media, I'd call her and arrange a time to meet, and we'd talk about what was the media slant and what was the truth. She could give specific examples of media lies because she had been there. I understood. I lived in Thailand, and my brother lived in Korea, and things happened in both places that were reported with an astonishingly inaccurate slant by the media. I chose Benjamin Netanyahu, this week, as one of my heroes after i read and heard his speech at the U.N. I don't want his job. Not ever. I am amazed by his courage, his strength, his clarity. He is standing where he needs to stand. I want to be that brave.

2 comments:

  1. I 100% agree....he really speaks with such wisdom and careful insight...yet in a humble manner. I have always enjoyed listening to him speak. And in comparison to the other middle eastern leaders, he really STANDS OUT, for his honest assessments. Great post!! AND PS...I always love your sweet, kind comments over at my place!! lv alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alice! You're welcome. Your site is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...