On Facebook, I saw a post that made me stop and think, and cheer. I don't actually want to be a whale, but I'm not going to worry so much about the scale. I'm still weighing, every day. It's my way of remaining aware. Someday, I hope I don't have to step on the scale anymore, but for now, it helps to remind me that what I hope for is to be healthy, in every aspect of my life.
It also "forced" me to take a close look at what I've been doing to myself. Lying. Well, darn. And I quote: "I'm healthy. I don't need to hide. I'm safe."
I'm healthy ~ I'm not, but I'm working on learning how to be healthy. So, I'm learning to be healthy.
I don't need to hide ~ Well, that's true, to a degree. I'll let myself keep that one. I don't need to hide.
I'm safe ~ I'm not. I'm really not. Safe is such a huge concept for someone who didn't grow up in it. So, that one can't stay.
I searched the internet for more information about the post, and found this link. Love it! And decided to share it. http://ichooselove.com/in-the-face-of-real-beauty/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brain Dump
Dear Press: You may report the news, but to be honest I haven't heard you do much of that, not in a long time. What you have become is a...
-
~ Even a little fall of rain ~ Good books ~ Good movies ~ A/C, fans, ice ~ God's grace
-
With my severe acne, I often felt like a leper. People either stared or avoided looking at me. Some didn't want to be touched for fear I...
Sometimes 2 out of 3 ain't bad but this time it kind of sucks. Maybe a rephrase will help,
ReplyDelete"I'm healthy, I don't need to hide, I am safe enough to let this weight go because it didn't protect me any way."
"I'm learning to be healthy. I don't need to hide, because the weight didn't keep me safe anyway, so I might as well let it go."
ReplyDeleteI'll keep working on it. Good suggestion.