Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I choose to be a whale!

On Facebook, I saw a post that made me stop and think, and cheer. I don't actually want to be a whale, but I'm not going to worry so much about the scale. I'm still weighing, every day. It's my way of remaining aware. Someday, I hope I don't have to step on the scale anymore, but for now, it helps to remind me that what I hope for is to be healthy, in every aspect of my life.

It also "forced" me to take a close look at what I've been doing to myself. Lying. Well, darn. And I quote: "I'm healthy. I don't need to hide. I'm safe."

I'm healthy ~ I'm not, but I'm working on learning how to be healthy. So, I'm learning to be healthy.

I don't need to hide ~ Well, that's true, to a degree. I'll let myself keep that one. I don't need to hide.

I'm safe ~ I'm not. I'm really not. Safe is such a huge concept for someone who didn't grow up in it. So, that one can't stay.

I searched the internet for more information about the post, and found this link. Love it! And decided to share it. http://ichooselove.com/in-the-face-of-real-beauty/

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes 2 out of 3 ain't bad but this time it kind of sucks. Maybe a rephrase will help,
    "I'm healthy, I don't need to hide, I am safe enough to let this weight go because it didn't protect me any way."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm learning to be healthy. I don't need to hide, because the weight didn't keep me safe anyway, so I might as well let it go."

    I'll keep working on it. Good suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Exactly