Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week Eighteen of REAL...

The 21st: weigh in: 239.8 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, without weights. Slept better last night. Made my favorite chocolate chip cookies.

The 22nd: weigh in: 240.2 lb. Two-mile walk. Two SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, with one-pound weights.

The 23rd: weigh in: 242 lb. *pfft* Some days, one wonders if it's worth crawling out of bed. I woke feeling muzzy, overcooked my breakfast, spilled grape juice, trapped a huge roach, and felt scattered brain the whole of the day. I hope tomorrow is better.

The 24th: weigh in: 241.2 lb. One-mile walk. One SEAL puppy rep. PHysical therapy, with one-pound weights. Two more SEAL puppy reps.

The 25th: weigh in 240.8 lb. One SEAL puppy rep. Rained, last night. That explains the scatterbrained problem yesterday. It's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

The 26th: weigh in: 241.8 lb. One SEAL puppy rep. One-mile walk.

The 27th: weigh in: 242 lb. Waist circumference: 40". How discouraging. I'm stuck, it seems. Seeing a friend, today; maybe it will help me re-adjust my thinking. More sleep, I know, would be better, but there's so much going through my head. Actually, I'm lying to myself. I don't feel safe. There we are again, right back where I've been struggling, all my life. I'm working on redefining safe. Perhaps once that's done, I'll be able to start seeing some positive changes.

2 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged. You're undoing years of unhealthy habits. It will take time to reshape your sense of health...both emotionally and physically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ((Kathy)) You're right about that.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...