Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Heroes... A, B, D, M and more...

My friend emailed me about Andrew, who was seriously injured in Afghanistan, earlier this month. He was flown home to the U.S., where he is currently in ICU. His family (wife, his parents, siblings, and wife's parents) have flown to be with him. A prayer request has gone out regarding his injuries and the problems he was having with infections, and I immediately offered a prayer for him, and added him and his family to my prayer list. I hoped that the little I could offer would lift them in their time of need. Their updates relay the hope and faith and love that fills them and sees them through the long, difficult days and nights. They have lifted me. Their strength and courage and faith are inspiring.

They mentioned three other wounded warriors in the same ICU, Doug, Brett, and Mark, also with severe injuries. All the families would appreciate prayers on their behalf.

I pray that God sends angels to comfort them and strengthen them and encourage them and that these courageous men and their families are blessed with miracles.

Some have given all. There are so many brave souls who haven't been required to give all, but have been required to give more than many of us would be willing to give. May God bless our military men and women and their families.



(I have kept this brief in the interest of preserving privacy, a fine line to walk.)

4 comments:

  1. Andrew is awesome -- thanks for sharing about him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Margaret, for sharing him with me! I feel so privileged, so be granted the opportunity to be one of the prayer warriors for this amazing people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polls say that few Americans have any 'dealings' with our soldiers. That the wars do not impact them.

    I sit in horror at the thought.

    These men and women are giving of their lives, their families, and their freedom to fight for mine.

    God bless Andrew and all those in our military. Also, our safety forces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish there were more I could do, but being short of funds, with no transportation, I'm feeling pretty helpless. I check the Department of Defense site (it's posted at my links page) to pray for those families who lose a precious loved one. Prayer I can do, every day.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...