Friday, January 11, 2013

Most recent TBR list...

One of my presents was Mischief and Mistletoe, an anthology of Regency Christmas stories. I wanted it for one reason: A new Anne Gracie short story. I was not disappointed. Better yet, I also enjoyed the short stories by Patricia Rice, Mary Jo Putney, and Nicola Cornick. A keeper!

I've discovered a new author I like: Julie Benson writes American Romance for Harlequin. I read book 2 in a series. Bet on a Cowboy depicts Griffin McAlister as the newest bachelor in a reality series. Maggie Sullivan is the director. I enjoyed the humor. The characters were flawed but still likable. I'll be reading more of her books.

Dark Days of Promise by Shaunna Gonzales is about a divorced mother of three and a soldier with PTSD. I don't care for fictional books written in 1st person. Yes, I finally ended up liking Twilight, and I loved The Host. I don't like authors expecting me to be inside the character's head. I just don't like it. Having said that, I'm not sorry I bought Dark Days. I had a little trouble with the heroine waffling over a narcissist and a few other small things, but the overall story kept me reading every page all the way to the end. I liked it well enough I'll buy another of her books.

I also read some NO authors. The trouble with a Kindle is that I can't throw the book across the room or shred it because it's so bad I would never inflict it on someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...