Friday, January 4, 2013

The Mission Grille...

On New Year's Day, my sister and I attempted to see The Hobbit. Fail! Due to technical difficulties. The movie theater wasn't able to show the film. Probably a blessing for me. I'm still coughing. Fine. Not to be deterred, we used the gift certificate a friend sent.

The Mission Grille is located in the Mission Palms hotel. It's only open for breakfast and lunch. Apparently they're popular for their buffets, but we didn't do it.

We decided to have fun. First, we split a salad, spring greens, strawberries, goat cheese, a balsamic dressing, and crispy panchetta. Oh, my goodness. It was scrumptious.

My sister had the Black Angus burger on a garlic roll.

I tried the Wagyu Kobe beef cheese burger on a pretzel bun. Cut the thing in half. It was delicious and even really yummy cold the next day. I was proud of myself for ordering the fruit cup instead of the fries. Trust me, this is huge for me.

We shared the brownie with vanilla bean ice cream and hot fudge. We did not finish it. And didn't feel guilty about leaving it.

I wouldn't mind going back again. Not a bad second choice. :-)

6 comments:

  1. There is absolutely nothing as fun as delving deeply into creative food. Everything sounded so yummy! Hoping you get to see The Hobbit soon (I saw it the 2nd time the day after New Year's.) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love food, and I love even more learning to enjoy it in a healthy manner, i.e., not overeating. Going to see it next week, hopefully. Thanks Sharron!

      Delete
  2. I had fun too. Thanks for sharing your gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting a blog about your experience at our Mission Grille. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and we hope you come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. It was a great experience, and our waitress was wonderful, so helpful.

      Delete

TBR 2024

46 . Among Heroes: A U.S. Navy SEAL's True Story of Friendship, Heroism, and the Ultimate Sacrifice   by  Brandon Webb with John David M...