Thursday, January 3, 2013

Week Eighty of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

PT ~ Physical therapy.
UBE ~ Upper body exercises

I'm going to see if doing the facials only once a day makes any difference.

The 28th: Cough, cough, cough. Yes, still coughing, though it isn't nearly as bad as it was. Still, tired. Won't do any serious exercise until the coughing is pretty much past. I remember reading somewhere to back off on the exercising so the lungs have a chance to clear.

The 29th: Cough, cough, cough... getting old...

The 30th: Cough, cough, cough... Does coughing count as exercise? 

The 31st: Cough, cough, cough... out with the old...

January

The 1st: Happy New Year! I didn't wake up coughing! Whoohoo! Cough, cough, cough... okay, at least it held off for a while before starting. This is good. PT without weights. I slipped on my jean skirt. This is my how-am-I-doing skirt. I haven't lost weight, according to the skirt, but I haven't gained either. 

The 2nd: PT with weights. SEALp. Cough, cough, cough...

The 3rd: PT with weights. Okay, I'm back to doing my physical therapy. yay. Cough. Didn't do well with eating yesterday, but will do better today. I'm worth caring for.

Interesting twist. My negative tape kicked in last night as I was going to sleep. I used to beat myself up and require I say the opposite, but it felt like a lie. This time, I simply wasn't allowed to say it. I had to choose something else to think about.


The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



2 comments:

  1. I believe that coughing is a form of exercise for the stomach muscles. ;-) That said, I am praying that your coughing is over and done!

    I'm taking thought for how to go about my own version of REAL. I'm feeling like some aspects of my health and weight are getting out of hand, so now's the time to take control again! You inspire me with your consistency even when you are not feeling your best!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Exactly