Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Link and article...

Interesting article on Yahoo (Copy and paste if you want the link; it opens a video, too):

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/off-the-cuff/weight-watchers-ceo-forget-willpower-instead-203715631.html

The article underneath is a loosely transcribed copy of the video.

I found some of the information interesting and some of it propaganda.

It wasn't surprising to learn that if you've always had a problem maintaining your weight, you always will.

I was not surprised to learn that weight is not about willpower. I've known that for a long time. I've been told that I just need to learn discipline. This to the woman who took care of a horse for five years, every single morning, without fail, for five years.

I'll share a secret: I lost 30 lb in 3 months.

How did I do it?

I ate almost exactly the same thing every day, easier to keep track of caloric intake. Boring, but no guessing. I exercised every day.

I lost another 10 lb by eating every other day.

Disciplined? Ummm... yeah. I was disciplined.

I gained the weight back (I'll explain shortly).

I tried it again. It didn't work. I didn't do anything different, except for one thing.

That first time, I was in serious infatuation with a guy and thought I'd be safe soon.

Then I realized how misguided I was. I'd lied to myself.

I gained the weight back.

When I tried to lose the weight again, I didn't have the hope of being safe.

For me, weight is all about safety.

How do I incorporate that into my weight loss program?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...