Thursday, January 31, 2013

Week Eighty-Four of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

PT ~ Physical therapy.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
BD ~ Belly dancing (my version of it, anyway)

The 25th: PT. SEALp. 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 26th: 1-mile walk. PT. BD. Walked in spite of the rain.

The 27th: Rest.

The 28th: PT. SEALp. 1-1/2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

The 29th: PT. BD.

The 30th: PT. SEALp. 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UB. BD.

I could put off the diet part of this whole thing. Since I'm finally willing to accept diets simply aren't for me, but eating healthier is for me. So, screwing my courage to the sticking place here we go: Breakfast: 1 grapefruit. I tried half with sugar (the way I've always eaten it) and half with salt (the way I've seen others eat it). Oh my gosh! Why did I not try the salt sooner? It's yummy! I think I've found a healthy choice to my craving for salt and vinegar chips. A ham sandwich, ham, mayo, and white bread. Individual package of Oreos and milk (half whole milk and half coconut milk). 


Previous Measurements: Arms: 14 Bust: 44 Waist: 39 Hips: 51 Thighs: 30 Calves: 18.

Today's Measurements: Arms: 14 Bust: 45 Waist: 40 Hips: 50 Thighs: 29 Calves: 18.

Lunch: Tuna noodle casserole. 3 marshmallows. Hot chocolate.

Dinner: Corn Chex. Carnation Instant Breakfast. 3 Dove dark chocolate Promises.

The 31st: PT. BD.

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



2 comments:

  1. Grapefruit with salt is awesome! It brings out the natural sweetness in a way that sugar can't. I was skeptical myself, until a friend dared me to try it, and I had to ask her forgiveness. ;-) I miss grapefruit a lot. I might have to go without my BP meds a time or two just so I can have a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, I've certainly learned my lesson. :-) I'll be more open minded in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...