Friday, March 18, 2011

60 Days to God Challenge Day 1

I saw a silly Andrew Klavan video that was a mock of an infomercial, offering to turn anyone into a God-fearing conservative by praying out loud, every day, for 60 days. I laughed. And then I thought, "Why not?" I already am a God-fearing conservative, but what could it hurt to give the idea a try, and see where it leads? It certainly can't do any harm.

If you're scratching your head wondering what in the world I'm talking about, I'll clarify. I pray, every day. I believe in keeping a prayer in your heart, at all times. I try to remember to pray, on my knees, every day. Praying out loud, alone, however, is not something I do often. It always feels awkward.

Now, I'm able to look back and realize that praying out loud, alone, felt awkward simply because I felt awkward. I wasn't comfortable in my own skin about much of anything. I like to think I'm wiser, now.

Today is as good a day as any to start a new habit. So, I gave it a try, and surprised myself. I didn't pray about what I thought I would. My heart took a different direction, and I followed. This is going to be fascinating.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy,

    I often talk to God out loud, and my family members will ask me "Who are you talking to?" Sometimes I'll say, "Myself." Other times I'll say "I'm talking to God." I find it a little funny, but hey that's just the way I am. :-)

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...