Friday, March 4, 2011

Thank God for blessings...

I was very nervous about having the cable guy come, especially as I am here alone. My past has taught me well to be incredibly paranoid. Then I reminded myself that in The 7 it is drummed in that people come into your life for a reason. Things happen for a reason. I turned it over to God. The cable guy was very polite, and I wasn't uncomfortable. He had to replace the original cable. It was nine years old, having survived nine summers. Thank you!

I had been thinking that it would be nice to have my mentor soon, so I could start moving forward. I was emailed, today. Donna Hatch is my mentor, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I almost cried. She's a very sweet person, and I love her books. Another step taken.

I'm feeling blessed.

4 comments:

  1. \o/ for feeling blessed!

    It's tricky when you are trained to not meet a stranger alone, and it's hard to get past those feelings -- but that's exactly what God is there for, and you did just what He wanted you to. The cable guy might have been polite anyway, but because you gave it over ahead of time, you were able to be blessed by it. And yay for a new cable, that really ought to take care of your trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! I am so happy for you about your mentor, that is wonderful. Thank God. Take advantage of her advice! And I'm so happy the cable man fixed your cable, but much happier that you were able to turn that over to God and let Him take care of everything. (And it IS hard to undo that training.)
    Thanking God with you.
    After the very rough week you have had, it's nice for some things to go well.
    Worked outside for several hours today gathering oak leaves from our yard and bagging them (8 giant-size black plastic yard trash bags). Pollen is also in all the trees, and I'm not suffering nearly as much as DH is. His eyes are all red and swollen. I finally had to stop due to the heat (not all that hot today, but direct sunlight and anything over 70 degrees is a bad combo for me; I still don't sweat). My eyes feel gummy from the pollen, but nothing like DH.

    love and prayers
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for lovely people. Hurray for a mentor. This is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete

TBR 2024

41 .  Not Dead Yet ( Guardian series Book 6 )  by  Traci Hunter Abramson suspense romance.  42.   Secrets of St. Augustine (Sinister Secrets...