Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ren Faire / Day 2

My local LOTR friends blessed me with their company, treating me to a trip to the Renaissance Festival. It was a wonderful day. We watched a few shows, devoured delicious food, did a spot of fun shopping, and chatted and chatted and chatted. What a delightful day.

God also seems to be nudging me into more fully engaging in prayers, as a friend shared this quote with me on FB (God Wants You to Know): ... to worship God you must go beyond words to speak with your heart. You can mouth the words of a prayer all day long and just waste your time, unless you also speak with your heart. And to speak with your heart means to embody first. If you pray for love, be loving. If you pray for wealth, be generous. If you pray for health, practice health yourself. What is your favorite prayer? How can you begin to embody it?

Yesterday, I thought I would pray about my work and found myself praying about church. With my back trouble, the only chair I'm comfortable sitting in is the one I have here at my desk (it's extra short) or a chair at a table, so I'm able to lean forward. I do sit other places, but usually not for very long. Nothing was resolved, but it helped to voice my concern.

Today, I expressed my gratitude for the glorious day, and also admitted that I'm sad about not being able to go to L.A., next week, like I've done for the past several years. I will miss my walk on the beach. I will miss participating in the Tolkien Reading Day. Mostly, I will miss being with dear friends, who lift me, strengthen me, comfort me, encourage me, love me. I'm sad, and God understands.

3 comments:

  1. Bummer button for missing LA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok. Pretend your in LA anyhow. I once put out a sheet in the family room, bought some sand and poured it onto it, and the kids and I had a ball 'at the beach.'

    Besides, what could be better than spending a day with LOTR friends??? xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ruth!

    What a fun day you had!!

    My L.A. friends are also LOTR friends. So, I'm trying to be grateful for the LOTR friends here and grateful for email that keeps me in touch with my LOTR friends there and everywhere. :-D

    ReplyDelete

TBR 2024

46 . Among Heroes: A U.S. Navy SEAL's True Story of Friendship, Heroism, and the Ultimate Sacrifice   by  Brandon Webb with John David M...