Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's a cold...

Is it odd to say that it's a relief to know? It isn't allergies, so I'm guessing it's a cold. My brain is only partly here, but I know it's only going to last a few more days. It isn't unusual for me to end up with a cold when the weather bounces around like it has, this month. I'm trying not to think too much. I feel pretty crumby, which affects my attitude. I wonder what I was thinking when I started the projects I'm currently working on. It's more difficult to remember that God has been opening one door after another, particularly when right now all I want to do is curl up in bed, except then my back starts to bother me, so it's a game of trying to stay as comfortable as possible when one is in constant discomfort. LOL! It could be worse, and has been. I should be feeling like myself again by Saturday. Did you know that fresh rosemary in mashed potatoes are really yummy? Gypsy Cold Care really does help ease the symptoms of a cold. And my current favorite quote: “Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.” Winston Churchhill

3 comments:

  1. I have always wondered why I feel so miserably hot when I have a cold....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a challenge trying to remember why a project was a good idea when one is sick! But maybe that just means you shouldn't think about your project now. Just rest up and get well, and do things that are comforting while you recuperate. Who knows? Perhaps being under the weather is one of God's interesting ways of having you sit back and rest a bit. It's not nice feeling crumby, but it does give you a chance to rest as best you can without having to feel guilty for not doing anything!

    That Gypsy Cold Care seems like something I should look into getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Ruth: LOL! One of life's contradictions or maybe the problem is with the word chosen.

    Thanks, Margaret! I needed that reminder. The Gypsy Cold Care doesn't shorten the cold, but it does ease the symptoms considerably.

    ReplyDelete

Exactly