Friday, March 25, 2011

Mount Doom...

...and the destruction of the Ring. It's the end of an age, an important date in Middle-earth history.

I made chocolate chip cookies to celebrate. I've worked on a project that feels very like I'm throwing in my own personal Ring, hoping it's destroyed by the time I'm finished, without destroying me. I've done some reading and catching up on a few emails. I also allowed myself to grieve first thing this morning when I woke up and thought about how I had planned to be in L.A. I would have woken in my dear friend's beautiful home and spent a joyous day with her laughing and talking. Tomorrow, I would have participated in the Tolkien Reading Day activities. I enjoy reading the Destruction of the Ring. I would have gone home with another dear friend and delighted in her company. We always do fun things when I visit, one of my favorite being visiting the beach and eating delicious food. But the best part is the company. Each of my precious friends possesses some quality or gift that enriches my life as no other. I am so blessed. Frodo wouldn't have got very far without Sam.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you are missing the reading and company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts for you... Here's to hoping you can go soon. All things for a purpose... right? Maybe the renaissance Festival will make time pass faster.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...