Thursday, March 3, 2011

The 7 Day Pledge... Day 2

I did not read today's focus until after my Murphy's Law post.
Day 2: Embracing Faith.

Yes, God carefully prepared me for this one.

Assignment 1-2: Envision yourself as the changed person you hope to become. That wasn't easy, at first. However, the stipulation was to do it for fifteen minutes. I discovered some interesting things in this exercise that I didn't expect. Then I was to think about how someone who loves me would support me. That was easy. I've already received a lot of encouragement and support from a number of friends. Done. "Now, let that person drift out of your mind, and picture yourself in his or her place." Smack! LOL! That always seemed so hard, and suddenly it's so easy.

3) Create a "Breadcrumbs List." I have reams of paper, literally. Only today, I stored five full notebooks of Frodo and Lily's story. A half million words. Ummm... yea, I'm a writer. There are other things I'd like to do, but I need a little more income. Hmmm... I actually had a lot of work from my lone doctor's office. God bless 'em! Only last week, I had someone tell me I should be a writer, unsolicited. Today, as I talked to Mike, my Schwan's guy (ex *sniff*), he smiled and assured me I'd do it. I fluffed it because I didn't expect such support. It wasn't until after he left that I realized that I had the same animation talking about my writing as I used to have when I talked about my horse. It's all in God's hands. I think I want to make a list on pretty paper, to keep and add to as new breadcrumbs appear in my life. There is something about... wait, this comes back to me wanting to be pro-active instead of only reactive.

More envisioning the future, and I'm doing a little better following through on the exercise. Then I was to tell one more person what I would become if I could become anything in the world. Hmmm... tougher. I emailed one and told her about some dreams I hadn't really planned until today. But it was related to my central goal. If I could be anything I want? That's a little tougher. There are so many things I'd like to do. That being said, now that I've read through this post, my first thought was "be a writer." So the other things are things I'd like to do as well but not instead of, an important clarification.

6) Pray to become the person you were meant to be from all time. I've done this before. It didn't turn out well. Of course, I've also done the visualizing before, too, and it didn't turn out well either. The difference? I had a lot of lies I had to discard and clear out of my life. "If you start with a lie, it doesn't matter how many truths you pile on top of it; it's still a lie." I said that. It's in The Project, the chapter about Truth.

7) Take another step. I opened The Project and added some thoughts I'd jotted down on paper.

P.S. I know Mike doesn't read this, but there's no other way to say, "Sorry I called you a poor child, when you told me how far you had to drive. You aren't a child." I do that sometimes. I think it's to put distance between myself and someone who makes me feel uncomfortable simply because they are nice to me. I grew up with people that I should have been able to trust being nice to me in order to "get close enough" to cause the most damage, which was mostly verbal. Dear God, how do I ever stop those ugly habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...