Saturday, April 9, 2011

Conundrum and other stuff...

Reading someone else's blog, today, it occurred to me that as I struggle to stop lying, there are problems I haven't considered fully. There are people in my life with whom the truth is not an acceptable answer, so I... lie. Well, shoot. Then again, in their world, lying is the central form of communication, and I'm simply communicating in a language they understand and accept. I do endeavor to instill as much truth as possible. It's fascinating to watch them close themselves off if they think I'm lying, when I'm telling the truth, because what I'm saying isn't what they want to hear. Sir Walter Scott certainly had it right: "Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!" It doesn't improve with practice! It only becomes messier. I'm not giving up. I'm going to continue to try to stop lying. And please no Yoda: "No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." Master Yoda, I respectfully disagree. Then again, quotes meant for one instant are often applied to other instances for which they were not intended. Confucius said "If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot." And the only Woody Allen quote I like: “If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.”

NASCAR: Carl Edwards won the Nationwide race! YAY! He came in third in Texas, today, and he is now #1 in the Sprint Cup standings!! WHOOHOO!!!

My sister and I had planned on walking, this morning. We woke to buckets of rain. She invited me to breakfast. I had Lucky Charms. They were yummy!! Not a treat I buy for myself. Thanks, sis!

My nephew and his friend participated in an art fair, despite the rain. They're carvers, wood and bone, and very good.

I'm still stuffy. I think it's a sinus infection, so I'm drinking lots of water. It is improving. I'm curling up with Lucy Monroe books. She has a new addition to one of her series coming out, next month, and I'm re-acquainting myself with the characters.

1 comment:

  1. Your welcome. Amen about the lying issue. I am learning that even those that profess to want to hear the truth or your opinion, suddenly back off when you actually say what you believe to be true.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...