Thursday, August 4, 2011

Week Six of REAL...

The 29th: weigh in: 239.8 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy with 1 lb weights. Ate okay throughout the day, but had a few crackers before bed, which I don't usually do. My excuse was that I'd heard it was good to have a little something about an hour before bed. Not for me. My tummy wasn't happy. Live and learn. Fretted all day. Hate when I do that.

The 30th: weigh in: 240.8 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps. One-mile walk. Two more SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy with 1 lb weights.

The 31st: weigh in: 241.8 lb. :-(

August

The 1st: weigh in: 241.6 lb. Upward and onward. Two SEAL reps. One-mile walk. Two more SEAL reps. Physical therapy with 1 lb weights. It has occurred to me that I ought to mention one of the other changes I've noticed since starting this program. It's important. Since I thoroughly messed up my back, sitting on the floor is a nightmare. It's incredibly difficult to make it down to the floor, and almost impossible to make it back up. I feel very like a hippopotamus, ungainly, unsightly, uncoordinated. Pathetic. I'm still not able to make it down and up again all by myself, but I am able to do so with something to steady myself -- a chair will do -- without much difficulty. Whoohoo!! Who'd've thought I'd be cheering about being able to sit on the floor?

The 2nd: weigh in 241.6 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, without weights.

The 3rd: weigh in: 241.6 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps. One-mile walk. Two more SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, with 1 lb weights. I'm not sleeping much more than five or six hours a night. This does not bode well, overall. I go to bed, but then lay there, thinking.

The 4th: weigh in: 241.2 lb. Waist circumference: 40-1/2". Well, the weight is up a little, but the waist circumference is down another half inch. I'll take it!! Did one SEAL puppy rep.

I received this in an email, years ago, and have never forgotten it:

A friend of mine sent this to me and I just HAD to pass it along to all of you!

I'm not sending you this picture of an overdose victim for shock value. Rather, it's in the hope that all of you that are on my list will hopefully have a frank discussion with your friends about respecting moderation, knowing their limits, and knowing when to just walk away. When you view the picture, remember, this did not have to happen....






























All these years later, and it still makes me laugh. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Measurements and how I felt always outweighed (pun intended) the number. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ((Kathy)) Hear! Hear! The scale keeps me from wandering too far from eating better, but it's definitely the waist measurement that pleases me most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started a new program myself on Tuesday. Blew it on Wednesday night. Did fine today till around 2ish when the only thing available was a hot dog at the local science center. Did well tonight. Just got to keep plugging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Sharron! I'm trying to learn to not sweat it when I trip up, but to remind myself I'm not looking for perfection, simply doing better than I used to, and I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the overdose picture. Have a good night. :)

    ReplyDelete

Exactly