Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Moving mountains...

The other night, I surfed across Joel O'Steen on TBN. He was talking about taking personal responsibilities for our problems. This is a concept I fully grasp. I've also accepted responsibility for everyone else's problems, which I'm struggling to learn not to do. He talked about speaking to our problems, as Jesus spoke to the winds to calm. I need a contract; so through God I trust that what I need will be given. I also need to stop hiding behind my weight, so in God I place my trust instead of in fat. Wow. Never thought of it quite like that before. I'll start there. As a fun side note, this morning, I took a page from this declaration process. When I picked up my work, the manager and I lamented the need for more work to pay the bills. (I really don't have a lot of bills, but I don't have a lot of work coming in right now, either.) We laughed, and I decided to be brave. I looked at her and smiled. "While we're dreaming: My book will sell, and I'll make enough money to cover my bills." Never underestimate the power of trusting God. No sale, but a new possibility presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly