Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Heroes... Israel

This was not an easy choice, and yet as I considered other possibilities, I kept coming back to it, so it seems to be my choice, today.

Growing up, one of my neighbors was Jewish. I'm certain she still is, but I've not seen her in years. My fault. I withdrew, from pretty much everyone. I've done that, from time to time, though not for almost ten years now. Be that as it may, she greatly influenced my life. I never heard her speak badly of anyone. She's a genuinely good person. She also spent a year in Israel. I was smart enough to ask her to tell me about it. Amazing. I also remember that she was my go-to person whenever I heard news about what was happening in Israel. I'd call her and make arrangements to meet and talk politics. I knew what the media reported, and suspected it was biased. I'd run it past her, and she would tell me about what actually happened, from what she knew while living there, and the media was decidedly biased against Israel. I wasn't surprised. My admiration of Israel started with my friend, but did not end there. The Jewish people gave me The Bible, and Jesus Christ, my Savior, was a Jew. I will be forever grateful. I admire Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. My prayers are for peace, though that doesn't look hopeful, at this point in time. I look to Israel for courage. If they can endure what they do, then surely I am able to endure what I must. They must fight for the right to simply exist, and fight for their right to protect their boarders. Something else I need to learn. I'm only one, and I'm not much, but for what it's worth, I stand with Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly