Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week Nine of REAL...

The 19th: weigh in: 238.6 lb. Only light stretching, today. Shoulder is incredibly sore. Crumbs.

The 20th: weigh in: 239.8 lb. One SEAL puppy rep. And I felt it. I did manage some restorative sleep. I was in bed by 9 p.m., last night, and yes, woke up periodically through the night. Before I messed up my back, I slept on my back. After I messed up my back, I could only sleep on my left side. Lucky me, the shoulder I messed up is my left. One-mile walk. Wow. Didn't expect my shoulder to hurt during that. More ibuprofen, please.

The 21st: weigh in: 237.8 lb. How that happened I do not know, and I'm not complaining.

The 22nd: weigh in: 238.4 lb. Who knew a shoulder could hurt so much on a one-mile walk. One SEAL puppy rep and more ibuprofen.

The 23rd: weigh in 238 lb.

The 24th: weigh in: 238.6 lb. One-mile walk. Took it easy yesterday, hoping it would help my shoulder. It didn't. It felt better, yesterday, with a light workout, so today, I did one SEAL puppy rep.

The 25th: weigh in: 239 lb. Waist circumference: 40.5". I feel better, today, ie, the shoulder isn't nearly as painful. I used Tylenol and was careful about my sleeping position. Reminder to self: I have to switch back and forth between Tylenol and ibuprofen, in order for them to remain effective. One SEAL puppy rep.

Diane Gaston's Valiant Soldier, Beautiful Enemy was in keeping with her usual excellence in writing historical romance that features members not of the aristocracy but of the "lower" class. The third book in her soldier trilogy follows Captain Gabriel Deane, a career soldier, from a family in trade. He shares a history with two other soldiers, saving a woman and her son from soldiers who murdered her husband and were intent on violating her. Gabe is captured by her spirit and beauty. Emmaline Mableau is devoted to her son, Claude, but cannot help but fall for the brave soldier who saved her life and that of her son, whom he saves not once but three times. My only complaint: It's over.

2 comments:

  1. Learned something when I messed up my hand, might help with the shoulder. Part of the day use a sling. Gravity pulling on an already sore body part adds stress. I was amazed at the difference. I didn't use the sling all day just part of the day. Hope you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Exactly