Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Living with anxiety...

It's worse, today. I have to talk myself into doing my grocery shopping. I had to give myself a pep talk to simply stop at my insurance agent's and pay my bill. They're really, really nice people. I have to push myself to go for walks alone. If I have a meeting to attend, I have to psych myself into it. On bad days, it doesn't matter what I say or do, sweet talk or threats, I don't make it out the door. It helps if I have a set schedule. Going to pick up work is a must, and I find a way. If I skip shopping one week, I may not make it the next week, either. Changing the day I go shopping adds to the anxiety. Change in my schedule is a nightmare. If I have time to think things through, and rebuild my schedule in my head, I'm able to manage, sometimes easily, sometimes not, but I do manage. An abrupt change and you might as well flush my day. I'll forget what I need to be doing until I'm able to re-establish a routine. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, and feel for those who have it worse than I do.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes even harder after a break. I better understand why Horton hatched the egg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it's like that for you. I'll be praying for you, that the anxiety will turn into peace and won't hold you back from what needs doing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Ruth, it's a bit more noticeable.

    Thanks, Margaret. It isn't something I usually talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shit happens. Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm sending lots of love and hope, hugs and kisses.

    Tomorrow may be bright and beautiful.

    I'll pray it is for you! xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete

Exactly