Monday, August 1, 2011

Carpe diem... yes... in my eyes...

I was up with the alarm. I exercised. On the first of each month, Harlequin has their newest books available. You can purchase them from their website, a month in advance. They also tell you what's coming, up to two months in advance. I keep a list. I started this when I discovered I purchased the same book three times. It also helps me avoid buying from my No-list, and ensures I don't miss my Yes-list Harlequin authors. I worked on tightening up a few things, and making sure I'm caught up. I've been reading a book for Kris Tualla. She has some marvelous turns of phrase, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the story. I've also started a month-long online class, with Laurie Schnebly Campbell. I've been privileged to know both these remarkable women. And my sister dropped by, so we had a chance to do a little chatting, after she was away on vacation. Reading over this, clearly my brain is a bit fried. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I accomplished quite a bit, so I'll take that and be grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the note about Laurie. I went to her site and read the workshop on rejection (grief). Really good. Hit home in some many ways.

    BTW - it sounds like you got a truckload accomplished. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you found that helpful! Periodically, she's a speaker at the Desert Rose meetings, and I always look forward to those.

    Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (cheering)
    Yay for your exercising! Thanks so much for sharing your journey to greater health. I'm starting. Again. But I am optimistic. Or at least going to work hard at it ... ;)

    (more cheering)
    Yay for signing up for a writing course! May it be a wonderful experience.

    Peace!
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kiki! Me exercising definitely deserves some cheering, especially since I'm having fun with it. Being optimistic is an important place to start! Go you!

    Laurie is a wonderful woman, and I'm already learning some things.

    ReplyDelete

Exactly