Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Am I willing to stand?

Trevor Loudon's New Zeal blog posted Debbie Lee's "Courage to Stand, Courage to Sacrifice," a tribute to her son, who died on August 2, 2006. I added him to my list of heroes, last Saturday.

I've been investigating a variety of charities/foundations, trying to find one to support, because I want to do more. Being underemployed and car-less makes it a bit difficult. Being the optimist I am, I'm busily narrowing down my preference, so that when I'm gainfully employed again I'll be able to start contributing. In the meantime, I periodically send a card from Let's Say Thanks, compliments of Xerox. I email my Congressmen, despite feeling like it's pointless. And I'm working on a few other things. Still, I feel like there's something I should be doing that I'm not. So, I'll keep searching.

1 comment:

  1. I followed the links to Marc's last letter home. He wrote not knowing it was his last letter home yet it is a testament of who he is. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Exactly