Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day of Fasting and Prayer

The governor of Texas, Rick Perry, called for a day of fasting and prayer, today. I decided that though I do not live in Texas and cannot attend the event, I wanted to participate here at home. It lifts my spirit to know that I am sharing a moment with thousands of others. It seems a sadly appropriate day with the loss of 30 U.S. special operation troops and a military canine and seven Afghan commandos and an Afghan interpreter to rocket fire by terrorists. I do not know why the military holds such a special place in my heart, because I certainly wasn't taught this. Perhaps it is the thought that there are people out there who not only believe in protecting freedom, they are willing to die for their belief. My prayers are with those families and loved ones; I cannot imagine their loss. My gratitude, for what it's worth, is immeasurable. May God comfort and strengthen them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REAL Apr 15-20

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake Trying to walk 1 mile 3x a week. Only made it twice this week. The...