Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well, darn... changing attitude FAIL...

Sigh. Took myself for a one-mile walk, with my new attitude. What happened? I caught myself thinking: Walk like you're healthy, not like you're fat. AUGH!! I was three-quarters of the way home when I realized what I was doing. The rest of the way home, I chanted: Walk like you're healthy. STOP. So frustrating. I must admit that it was astonishing to note how my posture changed when I thought "Walk like you're healthy." I was surprised to realize that it felt completely different from "Walk like you're skinny." I didn't expect that.

I finished Carla Capshaw's The Champion. It's the third book in the Roman-set trilogy. She tells a good story that keeps me turning pages. And I love that uplifting feeling at the end. Give me HEA any day.

4 comments:

  1. I imagine that's a hard frame of mind to get out of -- I really think I'm in that mode myself! The fact that you've made the decision to change your attitude is a huge step, as is the fact that you actually caught yourself slipping back into the wrong way of looking at things. Changing ingrained habits like that doesn't happen in a day, though, so hang in there, try to be consistent (but don't kick yourself too hard when you aren't) and it will soon become second nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing a rut to a new grove takes a bit of time. Eventually the old rut will just whither away, at least that is the advice from NewCounselor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice. We'll keep NC. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Exactly