Friday, March 2, 2012

Posts I enjoyed this past week...

This one post a picture with a short "verse." I find it interesting: http://thebackgroundstory.com/

This one is awesome: http://www.positivelypositive.com/2012/02/26/happiness/

There were others, but I'm a bit brain foggy. Of course, I have a list on my blog, but there are others as well. C.S. Lewis said that we read to know we are not alone. I think we blog for the same reason. Someone else hears us, feels the same way, or at least understands.

As I read the above blog I was gobsmacked to have my life poured out in black and white by someone who doesn't know me at all, which means I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm pleased I've been working in the right direction on my own. It's nice to have my decisions validated, though it's also nice to know it wasn't necessary to keep me going in the right direction. I'm continuing because I'm happy with where I'm going and what I'm becoming.

I met a dear friend at Starbucks, yesterday, and enjoyed the time together, chatting. My friend helps me center myself. I dressed nicely, in a skirt and blouse. Chatting with her, I realized the blouse isn't really me. Instead of talking myself into accepting it, I was able to more clearly visualize what I want for myself. I also wore light makeup and wore my hair a little differently. I noticed the way it made me feel a bit different, more self-confident, and funnily enough, less self-conscious. Why? I don't know. I didn't expect it.

Thank God, I'm feeling better. My back is still a little sore, but it's improving. I've had a headache all day, but I think it's related to the changing weather. I've had trouble with barometric headaches for years. Unfortunately, medications don't help. Breathe in. Breathe out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REAL Apr 15-20

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake Trying to walk 1 mile 3x a week. Only made it twice this week. The...