Thursday, March 8, 2012

Week Thirty-Seven of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
500 yard swim using breast and/or sidestroke 12.5 minutes 10 minute rest
Perform a minimum of 42 push-ups 2 minutes 2 minute rest
Perform a minimum of 50 sit-ups 2 minutes 2 minute rest
Perform a minimum of 6 pull-ups No time limit 10 minute rest
Run 1.5 miles wearing boots and long pants 11.5 minutes

Here's the link if you're interested in the whole thing: http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. This week, I try to increase by 10%. I've worked up to 15.

The 2nd: weigh in: 229.6 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk in 40 minutes. SEAL puppy rep. Physical therapy, with 1-lb weights.

The 3rd: weigh in: 229.6 lb. One-mile walk with my sister.

The 4th: weigh in: 229.6 lb. Interesting.

The 5th: weigh in: 229.2 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 6th: weigh in 229.2 lb. One-mile walk. Physical therapy, with 1-lb weights.

The 7th: weigh in: 230.6 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Yes, I stressed, yesterday, and ate pretty badly. Today should be better. Nope. Stressed. I'd planned to spend the morning doing my regular work, and then spend the rest of the day doing my heart work. (Thanks Connie W for that label. It fits.) Instead, I worked on my regular work ALL day long. It wasn't what I'd expected. It is done. Whew. Unfortunately, my eating is shot. I'll start over, tomorrow.

The 8th: weigh in: 232.4 lb. Waist circumference: 39". Physical therapy, with 1-lb weights. Sigh. Not surprised by the extra weight, today. Today, I will do better. What's interesting is the way I feel. I didn't used to feel this awful when I ate the way I did yesterday. I think I'm becoming so much better at eating more healthily, and my body is growing accustomed to it. This is good, and will be even better once I stop feeling so sick. :-)

My inspiration:





*whispers* Did you know if you click on the picture it more than doubles in size? I like it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...