Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Heroes... Mother Teresa

This is a woman to admire and embrace. I fear I'm a far cry from her patience and kindness, but she inspires me. I wanted to share a quote or two, and then another and another:

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.

If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.

One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.

Peace begins with a smile.

Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.

The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.

The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved.

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.

We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.

I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly