Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Heroes... Marc Alan Lee

There are days, and then there are days, and this has been one of those weeks. I'm wondering what in the world I'm thinking, and spending a lot of time feeling terrified of what the future holds because, right now, I have absolutely no clue. I feel like such a coward. What kind of life is it when you're nowhere near where you hoped and dreamed and planned to be, ever? I want to give up, quit, and then I read about someone like Marc Alan Lee.

The first Navy SEAL killed in Iraq, August 2, 2006. Americas Mighty Warriors

And I remind myself that I have not been asked to give my life. God has asked me to LIVE my life. And so, I endeavor to follow where my heart leads, though I do not understand the whys of it. The how is easy: One step at a time.

Treasure
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 2 Corinthians 4:7
You may not have a lot of money, but you have incredible wealth. You may not have an abundance of things, but you possess more than you could ever ask or think. God has placed within you the greatest treasure anyone can ever possess-it is the life of Jesus Christ. You have, living within you, the beauty of His holiness, the kindness of His grace, the freedom of His truth, the compassion of His mercy, the greatness of His power, and the riches of His love. He has freely lavished upon you a treasure house of blessings that you can freely give away to others.
-Roy Lessin, DaySpring co-founder and writer

2 comments:

  1. A friend is in financial straits. She didn't tell me the bank was trying to repossess her car.

    One day, a truck followed me from my house to my daughter's and then proceeded to block me in. I was afraid and couldn't comprehend what was happening. My little one was in the back seat. It finally dawned on me that the truck driver was a repossesser.

    After the man left, realizing that the car I was driving wasn't the one he was looking for, I began to shake from fear. Fear of what SHE would say.

    What kind of a fool am I?

    So I fully understand what you mean. I have somehow been programmed to put other people's feelings and needs before mine. And I am the one who suffers for it.

    I'm glad it happened. I can work on getting better in this aspect of my life (response).

    You'd tell me I'm not a coward. Right back at you, dear friend. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How terrifying! Thanks (((Sharron)))

    ReplyDelete

Exactly