Sunday, July 3, 2011

Thank Goodness It's Sunday #59

~Netanyahu answers questions on FB, and today one of the questions asked how he made his decisions, reaching where he is now. (I thought it interesting to learn that Netanyahu had lived in America during high school.) His answer: "Follow your heart. It knows better than anything else." Thinking of my own life, I didn't trust my heart for so long. Believing my heart knows best has been difficult to accept let alone believe. As I've swept away all the lies, I'm beginning to trust my heart and believe it's possible to follow it's promptings.

~Mellinger was drafted into the military during Vietnam. It wasn't what he would have chosen for himself, at first, but once there, he found his calling. How often do we turn away from opportunities, because it isn't what we want at the moment? Then we learn it's exactly what we need to bring out the best in us?

~I've been re-reading the Chatam House series by Arlene James. She writes contemporary inspirational romance. Here are a couple of quotes that touched my heart, from Baby Makes a Match: "God allows nothing into our lives without a reason." "Do you not realize that for God's children, there are no coincidences. Only plans."

~Lavender pancakes with buttermilk syrup are such a treat.

~Carl didn't do particularly well, this weekend, but at least he finished. Go Carl!!

Challenge for tomorrow: Write own Declaration of Independence...

2 comments:

  1. Writing your own Declaration of Independence sounds like a really neat thing to do! Best wishes with that -- I hope it will be inspiring, encouraging, uplifting and freeing for you as you work on that project. <3

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...