Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Books I've been reading...

I haven't shared my book list lately, and decided now was as good a time as any.

Heavenly Lover by Sharon Hamilton, is a contemporary paranormal, and steamy. I admit I skimmed parts, more particular the parts with the dark angels. I don't like looking into the dark, where fear reigns. However, as I read, I came to understand how Sharon had used language as one of the ways to separate dark angels from Guardian angels. I laughed and cried, and stayed up until 3 a.m. reading so I could finish it.

Legacy of Lies by Stephania McGee is a contemporary inspirational romance with a bit of the supernatural mixed in. I'm looking forward to more of her stories. It was another book I had trouble putting down.

Princess of Bretagne by Vijaya Schartz is a medieval romance. It's the first in a series. Vijaya has done an incredible amount of research. The heroine is pagan in a world turning to Christianity, with Vikings thrown into the mix.

A Princely Dilemma by Elizabeth Rolls is an Undone historical short story, and only available in e-format. I own every book by Elizabeth. Thanks to my Kindle, now I have this one, too.

Journey to Redemption by Anne Patrick is an inspirational suspense. Anne Patrick is one of the first inspirational books I read that didn't follow the formula with which I was familiar. It was the first time I thought maybe I could write inspirational.

Trouble In a Pinstripe Suite by Kelly Hunter is a contemporary steamy read. It's a Harlequin Presents, which is formula for exotic locations and vast wealth. Presents has taken me all over Greece and Italy and a few other interesting places. Kelly is on my must read list. I enjoy her characters.

I may have mentioned this one, but just in case: The Cop, the Puppy and Me by Cara Colter is a contemporary sweet romance. Cara is also on my must read list.

I think I'm caught up now. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Actually, A Princely Dilemma is now available in an anthology called - what else? Royal Marriages. You'd have to buy it through the M&B website I think.

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...