Friday, April 27, 2012

This week's book list...

Sword of the Raven by Diana Duncan is a steamy paranormal. I won't always include a cover, but hey, Jimmy Thomas is on the cover, and to add a little bit more fun, Diana's daughter created the cover.



Celia Yeary's Charlotte and the Tenderfoot is a "dime store western romance." It's short and sweet and fun. And Jimmy Thomas is on the cover. :-D

The Liberation of Miss Finch by Diane Gaston is a Harlequin Historical Undone, a short, steamy, historical romance. Claude is introduced in her "Three Soldiers" series, as a boy. Now, he's all grown up, with a bit of life experience behind him, returning to find a young lady he has never forgotten, but has no hope of having for himself because of the difference in their classes.

For the record, I also read two new-to-me authors. I didn't like them, at all. One I liked, for the first half of the book, and then my narcissist alarm went off. In the second, a supposedly Christian romance, the heroine clearly wasn't familiar with the Golden Rule or Thou Shalt Not Lie. I couldn't even finish it. I liked the hero, but if he was too stupid to see what a witch he was marrying, then he deserved whatever he got.

Off to the writers' conference. 8*0

1 comment:

  1. Have an awesome time and share what you learn! BW - I loved Dragonswood by Carey.... *g*

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...