Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week Forty-Four of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

Here's the link if you're interested in the whole thing: http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

Right up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. This week, reps are at 21. Weights for physical therapy is being upped to 2 lb. I actually decided to invest in 2-lb weights, instead of trying to find something, since 26 oz cans of spaghetti sauce were a bit awkward.

The 20th: weigh in: 234.8 lb. Not surprised. Sweet Tomatoes is having a month of lemons, including really yummy lemon chicken orzo soup. Mmmmmm.... Not something I do every day, or even once a year actually. So not going to beat myself up over enjoying the treat, two bowls worth. :-) SEAL puppy reps. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy reps. Something that helps me feel better, but I don't remember to do on a regular basis, is have a cup of herbal tea. Starting today, I'm starting several new routines, and I'm discovering they are interrelated.

The 21st: weigh in: 234.2 lb. Going down. It's amazing how much easier it is to drop weight after I stumble in my weight loss program. Two-mile walk with my sister. Physical therapy, using 2-lb weights. Overtired. Not good. Could be worse.

The 22nd: weigh in: 233.6 lb. Note to self: Three hours of sleep a night is NOT conducive to weight loss or clear thinking. I don't care how good the book is, put it away and go to sleep at a reasonable hour. :-)

The 23rd: weigh in: 233.4 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. I overslept an hour. Life happens. Considering the fact I woke at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep for I don't know how long, oversleeping an hour wasn't too bad.

The 24th: weigh in: 232.4 lb. One-mile walk. Physical therapy, with 2-lb weights. Desert Rose meeting means eating more than I usually do in the evening, so it will show up on the scale in the morning.

The 25th: weigh in: 233.8 lb. You know it's going to be a tough day when you wake up an hour before the alarm clock. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. I took a nap, at ten o'clock in the morning, in my chair. Yes, that tired.

The 26th: weigh in: 234 lb. Waist circumference: 29". One-mile walk. Physical therapy, with 2-lb weights. Tired. Tired. Tired. Storm blew in this morning. Oh. Allergies do make it tough to lose weight because I'm overtired, so I overeat. Okay, now the rest of the truth: I'm nervous about the conference. What if I oversleep when I'm supposed to be in the hospitality suite? I volunteered for early because I'm usually awake anyway, but when I stress, I sleep more. It's the first time I've done this. This is my first official event as my writing persona. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Inspiration, at least to me:


2 comments:

  1. You'll do great! But just in case, be sure you have a good alarm clock packed. ;-) I have "wake up" anxiety myself when I'm involved in an event of some kind, even when it's one I've done numerous times! So don't feel like your concern is misplaced or unusual! Also, if this awesome picture is inspiration, you should take a copy of it in your luggage to remind you that you are most definitely capable of interacting with people and you, as a real live writer, can be confident in that! :-D Praying it's all totally awesome with no snafus to detract from your fun.

    When do you take off for the conference? Today? Tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((Margaret))) Thank you! And it starts tomorrow!

      Delete

REAL Apr 15-20

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake Trying to walk 1 mile 3x a week. Only made it twice this week. The...