Tuesday, April 3, 2012

God Winks...

Over at Beth Trissel's blog the other day, she wrote a post titled "I Have a Cheap Fairy Godmother." It made me laugh. It isn't long. Go ahead and take a minute to read it. Here's the link.

http://bethtrissel.wordpress.com/2012/03/31/i-have-a-cheap-fairy-godmother/

It set me to thinking. FlyLady called those serendipity moments God Breezes. It's her phrase; I'll let her keep it. I wanted something I could call my own.

And so was born God Winks.

I've often lamented to my sister how God would solve some itty-bitty problem with ease, and leave me hanging on something huge. I'm able to look back now and realize I wasn't seeing through God's eyes.

On those big, huge, monstrous problems, God wanted me to learn a whole bunch of stuff. It takes time. Sometimes, God is doing a group project, and we're waiting on someone else to catch up. God loves group projects. The more, the merrier.

Then there are those little things.

So small, I don't want to bother God with it, and then, there it is.

God Winks.

I know it's Him.

Remember the cute cat I posted, from FaceBook? In case you don't:



God Winks.

That picture is a God Wink. He takes something small, and seemingly insignificant, and uses it as a reminder.

Remind me of what?

He is reminding me He is aware of me. He knows me better than I know myself. He hasn't forgotten me. He loves me. Anything concerning to me is concerning to Him. He wants to help me. It's those little things that I make easiest for Him to fulfill, because I'm not fighting Him or trying to enforce my will over His. He is aware of my every thought and feeling. He understands me. He knows how I struggle, and He knows I need encouragement.

God Winks.

He loves me beyond measure, and knows that sometimes it's the little things that are able to touch the deepest.

God Winks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...