Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week Forty-Three of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
500 yard swim using breast and/or sidestroke 12.5 minutes 10 minute rest
Perform a minimum of 42 push-ups 2 minutes 2 minute rest
Perform a minimum of 50 sit-ups 2 minutes 2 minute rest
Perform a minimum of 6 pull-ups No time limit 10 minute rest
Run 1.5 miles wearing boots and long pants 11.5 minutes

Here's the link if you're interested in the whole thing: http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. This week, I try to increase my reps. I've worked up to 22.

The 13th: weigh in: 234.2 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Not surprised by the weight, but not too worried either. Today, I will eat better. I don't have a choice. The jelly beans, Ding Dongs, and Fairy Bunny are gone.

The 14th: weigh in: 233 lb. One day of eating better, and look at that. No surprise. Two-mile walk with my sister. Physical therapy, using 26 oz weights (more commonly known as cans of spaghetti sauce). I decided to start upping my weights a bit, instead of adding more reps. Starting out small.

The 15th: weigh in: 232.4 lb. You know it's going to be a rough day when you open your eyes, while your curtain is closed, and think, "It's too bright." Hate migraines. At least I was able to sleep it off. Thanks, God.

The 16th: weigh in: 232.4 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. You know a book is good when you skip meals to read. Perfect on Paper by Patty Froese. I'll review it on Wednesday.

The 17th: weigh in: 231 lb. One-mile walk. Physical therapy, with 26 oz weights. Made cake, today. I used olive oil instead of regular vegetable oil. Can't tell the difference.

The 18th: weigh in: 231.8 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Wow.... it's Wednesday already. How did that happen? I know, one day at a time. I ate badly. Popcorn and cake. Why? Easy answer: I wrote the darkest moment of the current WIP. I hadn't planned to have this in the book at all, but it kept popping into my head. Now, it's on paper. Maybe I can go back to a regular diet now.

The 19th: weigh in: 232.8 lb. Waist circumference: 39". One-mile walk. Physical therapy, with 26 oz weights. Tummy not happy. No surprise. Hopefully, I will not do it again anytime soon.

Inspiration, at least to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly