Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Howling at an ad....

Have you seen it?! It's the new Air-Wick scents, featuring national parks.

You are kidding me, right?

I was okay with it, for the first two or three seconds. Then they introduced "Yellowstone."

Wait... What?

The question begs to be asked: Have they actually ever been there?

Really?

Am I the only person who thinks the smell of sulfur is not enticing?

They know Yellowstone smells like rotten eggs, right?

And buffalo, bison if you insist on perfection, elk, deer, bears, and wolves...

Oh, and roadkill. The marmots aren't great at dodging cars.

I mean, there is also the lovely smell of evergreens, etc, but the uniqueness of Yellowstone is the geysers and the mud pots. Maybe they want to help us become accustomed to the smell of hades...

Just sayin...

:-D

4 comments:

  1. I think the early explorers thought they found the door step to hades. I must admit though Morning Glory pool is amazing. They are going for the visual illusion on stinking reality. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they did, and with good reason. :-) Unfortunately for Morning Glory, people throw pennies in, for good luck, and the pool is dissolving the pennies, so it's more copper than blue.. Hmmm... visual illusion on sticking reality... sounds narcissistic.... :-)

      Delete
    2. This made me howl. So funny!

      I am hoping that some of the proceeds are going to the National Parks.

      I don't remember Yellowstone being particularly smelly - except right by the mudpits and such, but it was a fun piece and I do remember the sulfur.

      Delete
    3. The park itself isn't actually smelly, it's simply the most memorable smell of the park is the sulfur. I mean, it was made a national park because of the geysers and mud pots. Glad you got a chuckle. :-)

      Yes, I imagine they're donating a portion of the proceeds. Great marketing.

      Delete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...